Trade Gong Classifieds

Friday 10 June 2011

Fasting and Prayer Friday,June 10, 2011. Day 1

The Old Testament law specifically required prayer and fasting for only one occasion, which was the Day of Atonement. This custom became known as "the day of
 fasting" (Jeremiah 36:6) Prayer and fasting was often done in times of distress or trouble.

Prayer and fasting also occurs in the New Testament. Anna "worshipped night and day, fasting and praying" at the Temple (Luke 2:37). John the Baptist taught his disciples to fast (Mark 2:18). Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights before His temptation by Satan (Matthew 4:2). The church of Antioch fasted (Acts 13:2) and sent Paul and Barnabas off on their first missionary journey (Acts 13:3).
Fasting also helps us learn the lessons of the Day of Atonement: forgiveness, reconciliation to God and the need to resist Satan and pray .
James:4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Constant prayer and occasional fasting help us to do this.
If you are in a spiritual battle, your sword is to be the Word of God--the sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17b). If there is a persistent spiritual battle you fight, memorize a portion of God's living and active Word to gain the victory.
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--Ephesians 6:18.
The "shield of faith" is the Christian's most important defensive weapon for this reason: Faith is how we please God (Hebrews 11:6).
Beloved, if you have not, you must make Him (Jesus Christ) the Lord and Savior of your life. Then He will become your shepherd and He will lead and guide you in all your ways. You will never be stranded. A sheep willl never be lost as long as he follows the shepherd.
Because this session is to know the will of God we are going to concentrate on this scriptures and speak them with boldness.
Dan. 2:22: He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
EPH. 1:17: That the God our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
PS. 25:14: The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.
Deut. 29:29: The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
PRAISE WORSHIP
1. Thank God for the revelation power of the Holy Spirit.
2. O God, to whom no secret is hidden, make known unto me whether . . . (mention the name of the thing)
3. O Lord, remove from me any persistent buried grudges, enmity against anyone and every other thing that can block my spiritual vision.
4. Let every idol present, consciously or unconsciously, in my heart concerning this issue be melted away by the fire of the Holy Spirit.
5. O Lord, give unto me the spirit of revelation and wisdom in the knowledge of you.
6. O Lord, remove spiritual cataract from my eyes.
7. O Lord, forgive me for every false motive or thought that has ever been formed in my heart since the day I was born.
8. O Lord, forgive me for any lie that I have ever told against any person, system or organization.
9. O Lord, open up my spiritual understanding.
10. O Lord, teach me deep and secret things.
11. O Lord, reveal to me every secret behind this particular issue, whether beneficial or not.
12. I refuse to fall under the manipulation of the spirit of confusion, in the name of Jesus.
13. O Lord, teach me to know that which is worth knowing and love that which is worth loving, and to dislike whatsoever is not pleasing unto you.
14. I refuse to make foundational mistakes in my decision-making, in the name of Jesus.
15. Father Lord, guide and direct me in knowing your mind on this particular issue.
16. I stand against all satanic attachments that may seek to confuse my decision, in the name of Jesus.
17. If. . . (mention the name of thing) is not for me, O Lord, re-direct my steps.
18. I bind the activities of . . . (pick from the list below) in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- ungodly family pressure
- demonic manipulation in dreams and visions
- attachment to the wrong choice
- confusing revelations
- spiritual blindness and deafness
- unprofitable advice
- ungodly impatience
19. Lord, make your way plain before my face.
20. O God, you may reveals secret things, make know unto me your choice for me on this issue.
21. Holy Spirit, open my eyes and help me to make the right decision, in the name of JesusAmen.
By: Emmanuel and Blessing Agbo.
http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Takeit-Byforce/100001153695902

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calvary greetings!
Welcome to ´´takeitbyforce´´ blog page. Your prayer requests are welcome. God bless you for commenting.